- Keeping up to date!
Our Summer semester is a very compressed one. It is essential that you remain up to date. Please make sure you are communicating with your teachers on a regular basis.
- Final Reports for 2016-17 Sem 2
Final report cards for Semester 2 were mailed on Wednesday July 12th.
- Bell Let's Talk About It Day - Jan 24th
Tomorrow on Bell Let’s Talk Day, January 25th, The Virtual Learning Centre will be joining the conversation around mental health.
- New Student Orientation Meetings
New Student Orientation Meetings
There will be several meetings held throughout the week by our Student Services teacher, Mrs. Kuypers, welcoming new students and helping them navigate their way through our program.
The first meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 5th at 2 pm. Students can find out more details and additional meeting times in the Student Guide announcements. Please do not contact the office for details. If you cannot make this meeting there will be three more this week, not to worry!
- Terry Fox Fundraising Update
So far, we have raised $265.00. This is a great start to our Terry Fox Challenge, however, we are a long way short of our target. Mr. Roffe is feeling pretty comfortable and doesn't feel he has a lot to fear. He is not warming up his vocal repertoire!
- Terry Fox Challenge
This year our school is excited to announce we will be taking part in the Terry Fox School Challenge. We are challenging students to get out and walk in support of Terry Fox Foundation and help raise money to support cancer research.
Over the next 15 days students can collect donations and walk on behalf of Terry or someone they have lost. On October 6th at 12 pm we would like all participating students to get outside and walk for the challenge. Take your pictures and send them into us (details posted soon).
If we raise $2500 our new Principal, Mr Roffe, will accept the challenge voted on by the student body.
- Orange Shirt Day
Orange Shirt Day is also an opportunity for First Nations, local governments, schools and communities to come together in the spirit of reconciliation and hope for generations of children to come.
retrieved from http://www.orangeshirtday.org/ on 25Sept2017
- Terry Fox Fundraiser!
This year our school is going to be participating in the Terry Fox School change once again. Last year was our first year and we were the only online school in Canada to participate!!! We raised $ 2568.00!
- Thanksgiving Greetings
The VLC wishes everyone a happy long weekend this weekend. Classes resume on Tuesday October 10th.
- World Teachers' Day
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all VLC teachers. I know the dedication and hardwork they out into our school makes a true difference in the lives of our students.
"Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world." — Malala Yousafzai
- Happy Family Day!
Best wishes to all VLC students and familes for this Family Day long weekend.
- Schulich Leader Award Winner
Nathan Stachow, a graduating VLC student, has won a prestigious Schulich Leader Award which will support his studies at York University next Fall.
- Students of the Month - May
Congratulations go to our Students of the Month for May:
Gr. 9/10 Hannah Hassen
Gr. 11/12 Timothy Baal
- End of Year Social and Graduation
See Student Guide Announcements for details and R.S.V.P. information.
- National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
December 6 is the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence against Women in Canada. Established in 1991 by the Parliament of Canada, this day marks the anniversary of the murders in 1989 of 14 young women at l'École Polytechnique de Montréal. They died because they were women.
- Final Day for Semester 1 Assignments
The final date for assignments for all courses in Semester 1 is January 20th, 2017 at midnight.
- Tragic Events in Quebec City
We are deeply saddened by the horrific events which have taken place in Quebec City.
- Fall applications
We have received many applications for our fall semester at this juncture - but we know there are many more to come in. Please assist us in getting courses and teachers organized by getting your course selections in to us right away.
- Happy March Break
Best wishes for a Happy March Break! Classes resume on Monday, March 20th.
- Semester 2 Start-up Information:
1) Courses begin throughout the week of February 6th. This means you may not receive all your courses on the same day. You can login daily to see if your course has begun. You will receive an email notifying you as well.
On Friday, February 10th, if one or more of your courses are missing then you can contact the office. Please do not call/email before then.
2) Courses will show up as "Pending" in your application until you are loaded into them. Then they will show as "Confirmed" once they have begun.
3) Timetables and teaching assignments will not be available until courses begin throughout the week of February 6th. They will be posted in the course.
4) A new student orientation will be available to students the week of February 6th. Details will be posted in the Student Guide, which students will have access to once courses begin.