- Schulich Leader Award Winner
Nathan Stachow, a graduating VLC student, has won a prestigious Schulich Leader Award which will support his studies at York University next Fall.
- Students of the Month - May
Congratulations go to our Students of the Month for May:
Gr. 9/10 Hannah Hassen
Gr. 11/12 Timothy Baal
- End of Year Social and Graduation
See Student Guide Announcements for details and R.S.V.P. information.
- National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
December 6 is the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence against Women in Canada. Established in 1991 by the Parliament of Canada, this day marks the anniversary of the murders in 1989 of 14 young women at l'École Polytechnique de Montréal. They died because they were women.
- Final Day for Semester 1 Assignments
The final date for assignments for all courses in Semester 1 is January 20th, 2017 at midnight.
- Tragic Events in Quebec City
We are deeply saddened by the horrific events which have taken place in Quebec City.
- Fall applications
We have received many applications for our fall semester at this juncture - but we know there are many more to come in. Please assist us in getting courses and teachers organized by getting your course selections in to us right away.
- Happy March Break
Best wishes for a Happy March Break! Classes resume on Monday, March 20th.
- Semester 2 Start-up Information:
1) Courses begin throughout the week of February 6th. This means you may not receive all your courses on the same day. You can login daily to see if your course has begun. You will receive an email notifying you as well.
On Friday, February 10th, if one or more of your courses are missing then you can contact the office. Please do not call/email before then.
2) Courses will show up as "Pending" in your application until you are loaded into them. Then they will show as "Confirmed" once they have begun.
3) Timetables and teaching assignments will not be available until courses begin throughout the week of February 6th. They will be posted in the course.
4) A new student orientation will be available to students the week of February 6th. Details will be posted in the Student Guide, which students will have access to once courses begin.
- All New Registrations on Hold
Due to the overwhelming volume of late registrations, all new applications will be on hold. You will be contacted if we are able to place you in courses. Please wait for instructions. All applications will not be processed without full documentation.
- Late Registrations
Registrations received after August 4th are considered late registrations. Office staff are processing them as quickly as possible. Please read all emails carefully. Please ensure that you include alternate course preferences as first choices may no longer be available.
- Important Fall 2017-18 Information
- Courses begin throughout the week beginning Tuesday, Sept. 5th.
- There will be NO live classes on Tuesday, Sept. 5th.
- Course status will remain "Pending" on your status until the class begins.
- Summer School Coursework Deadline
The deadline for all summer school coursework to be submitted is: 11:59pm July 25th. This will allow time for you to study for your exam and provide teachers time to get marking completed before the semester ends.
- Summer Exam Reminder
Exams are July 27th. Teachers should know your proctors by now. If you have not let them know your proctor's details, please do so as soon as possible.
The computer lab at our Lindsay office is now full. Names are being taken for a waiting list only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider public libraries and colleges nearby. These may offer exam proctor services.
- Final Semester 2 Report Cards
Final report cards for Semester 2 will be mailed on Wednesday July 12th.
- Final Assignment Submissions June 16th
The final date for submitting all Semester 2 coursework and assignments was Friday June 16 at 11:59 pm.
- Semester 1 Start Information
Please read all of this information carefully. Click on Read More to open this posting for full information.
- Courses Starting the Week of Sep 11, 2017
The following courses will start during the week of Sept 11:
- HHS4U - Course opens Thurs Sept 14. First live class is Mon Sept 18.
- TGJ2O - Opened Tuesday Sept 12.
- HZT4U - Course opens Thurs Sept 14. First live class is Tues Sept 19.
- GLS1O (section 4 only) Opened Wed Sept 13. First live class is Thurs Sept 14 at 8 am.
Updates will be posted as they become available.
- First VLC Terry Fox Run was a Success!
We held our first Terry Fox Run as a school this year and were the only virtual high school in Canada to participate. We raised awareness of the importance on cancer research and contributed $2508.00 to this cause. We are very proud of our students for their significant efforts and for getting outside and being active!