About the VLC
Get an environmentally friendly education online!
At the VLC we watch how much material we print, we recycle the material we do print, and we don’t maintain office and classroom space beyond what we absolutely need. There are no busing costs for students and minimal transportation costs for staff also make a contribution towards a healthier environment.
We are proud to call ourselves leaders in the realm of online learning. Trillium Lakelands was the first district in Ontario to:
- provide eLearning portals to other school districts and organizations;
- to integrate synchronous full audio and video streaming in online instruction. In fact, we were the first district in North America to invest in Macromedia Breeze (now Adobe Connect) technology.
- to use Intralearn’s shared Learning Service Provider technology to reduce the costs of course development and sharing;
- to adopt Sakai – the renowned open-source Collaborative Learning Environment chose by Universities and Colleges across North America;
- to deliver hybrid courses were real-time classroom instruction is streamed to students from various locations;
A partner with the Ontario Ministry of Education and eLearning Ontraio, our aim is to provide a full range of secondary courses available to students pursuing the Ontario curriculum regardless of their geographical location.
All of our courses are taught by OCT certified teachers who understand how to blend the power of synchronous, streamed communication with the flexibility of static, anywhere-anytime course content. Our teachers are carefully selected and trained and regularly demonstrate exemplary teaching skills which is directly responsible for student success in our program (our attrition rate is under 20%).
For more information please review the FAQ section on our website.
If you need further help feel free to drop us a line:
or call us at 705-328-2925 (Monday to Friday, 8:00 – 4:00 EST)