- Semester 2 Start-up Information:
1) Courses begin throughout the week of February 6th. This means you may not receive all your courses on the same day. You can login daily to see if your course has begun. You will receive an email notifying you as well.
On Friday, February 10th, if one or more of your courses are missing then you can contact the office. Please do not call/email before then.
2) Courses will show up as "Pending" in your application until you are loaded into them. Then they will show as "Confirmed" once they have begun.
3) Timetables and teaching assignments will not be available until courses begin throughout the week of February 6th. They will be posted in the course.
4) A new student orientation will be available to students the week of February 6th. Details will be posted in the Student Guide, which students will have access to once courses begin.
- All New Registrations on Hold
Due to the overwhelming volume of late registrations, all new applications will be on hold. You will be contacted if we are able to place you in courses. Please wait for instructions. All applications will not be processed without full documentation.
- Late Registrations
Registrations received after August 4th are considered late registrations. Office staff are processing them as quickly as possible. Please read all emails carefully. Please ensure that you include alternate course preferences as first choices may no longer be available.
- Important Fall 2017-18 Information
- Courses begin throughout the week beginning Tuesday, Sept. 5th.
- There will be NO live classes on Tuesday, Sept. 5th.
- Course status will remain "Pending" on your status until the class begins.
- Summer School Coursework Deadline
The deadline for all summer school coursework to be submitted is: 11:59pm July 25th. This will allow time for you to study for your exam and provide teachers time to get marking completed before the semester ends.
- Summer Exam Reminder
Exams are July 27th. Teachers should know your proctors by now. If you have not let them know your proctor's details, please do so as soon as possible.
The computer lab at our Lindsay office is now full. Names are being taken for a waiting list only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider public libraries and colleges nearby. These may offer exam proctor services.
- Final Semester 2 Report Cards
Final report cards for Semester 2 will be mailed on Wednesday July 12th.
- Final Assignment Submissions June 16th
The final date for submitting all Semester 2 coursework and assignments was Friday June 16 at 11:59 pm.
- Semester 1 Start Information
Please read all of this information carefully. Click on Read More to open this posting for full information.
- Courses Starting the Week of Sep 11, 2017
The following courses will start during the week of Sept 11:
- HHS4U - Course opens Thurs Sept 14. First live class is Mon Sept 18.
- TGJ2O - Opened Tuesday Sept 12.
- HZT4U - Course opens Thurs Sept 14. First live class is Tues Sept 19.
- GLS1O (section 4 only) Opened Wed Sept 13. First live class is Thurs Sept 14 at 8 am.
Updates will be posted as they become available.
- First VLC Terry Fox Run was a Success!
We held our first Terry Fox Run as a school this year and were the only virtual high school in Canada to participate. We raised awareness of the importance on cancer research and contributed $2508.00 to this cause. We are very proud of our students for their significant efforts and for getting outside and being active!
- Week of Kindness - Student Council Competition
It’s that time of year again—Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week! Over the course of this week, Ontario schools are going to be immersed in the act of raising awareness about bullying and standing up against it. We are challenging all students to create artistic pieces of any kind—poetry, film production, poster, drawing, etc.—focused on raising awareness about bullying, the effects of bullying, or how to stop bullying.
- National Aboriginal Day
June 21st, 2017 is National Aboriginal Day. At the VLC we are firm allies in the process of reconciliation.
- Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test
All Gr. 10 students, and those Gr. 11 or 12 students who need to meet the OSSLT requirement, should check the Student Guide for critical information ASAP. The OSSLT is scheduled for Thursday March 30th, 2017 from 9:00am to 12:00 pm.
- Happy Holidays!
The staff of the Virtual Learning Centre wishes everyone a happy holiday season.
- OSSLT Registration Deadline
All VLC students wishing to write the OSSLT on March 30th, 2017, must register by Friday, March 3rd, 2017. See Student Guide Announcements for details.
- Semester 2 Registration
Registration opened for Semester 2 on October 24th, 2016.
At this late juncture, please select at least two alternate course choices when registering. Courses that you select may be full by the time we receive your supporting documentation. We may have to adjust your first course choices with alternate choices in order to provide you a timetable with the number of credits requested.
Timetables and teaching assignments will not be available until courses begin throughout the week of February 6th, 2017
- Withdrawing from Courses
Please check the Student Guide announcement and the FAQ section of this website for information about how to withdraw from courses.
- PA Day - October 6th
Friday, October 6th, 2017 is a PA Day. No live classes or open office sessions.