After reviewing the website and the course selection suggestions found in the Student Services section of the website, applicants can click on the Register button found at the top right corner of our site. Applicants can look through the Course Offerings before beginning the application process to ensure they have a list of courses they would like to register for.
After reading the application instructions carefully, applicants can select 1 to 8 courses for the full upcoming school year. We highly recommend students choose alternate courses since all our courses run on sufficient enrollment and courses may become full before we receive your supporting documents, or we may need to use your alternate courses to give you a timetable.
All applicants will receive a confirmation of the courses they registered for and a request for further supporting documentation to the email address they provided in the application. Please check your junk mail.
Applicants must submit all the supporting documents requested in order for the office to process their registration.
Depending on the applicant’s status, the supporting documents may include:
- School authorization forms
- A copy of the birth certificate
- A copy of the Ontario Health Card
- An up-to-date transcript
- A copy of the most recent grade 8 term report card if entering grade 9 (the final grade 8 report card can be uploaded when received)
- A synopsis of the curriculum covered while receiving instruction at home
- A screenshot of your ILC Dashboard that shows your Academic Snapshot (current courses) and Completed Courses (if applicable)
- A copy of the ‘Letter of Intent to Home School’ submitted to your board for the 2021/22 school year
- A copy of the ‘Letter of Intent to Homeschool’ submitted to your local board for the school year you plan on attending the VLC***
***You can use this sample letter of intent to home school form from the Ministry website or the form provided by your school board.